Grease Trap Regulations

Grease trap regulations:

Grease trap regulations are usually overseen by water supply companies in larger metropolitan cities.  In rural areas, regulation is overseen by local councils. States, territories, urban and rural areas within Australia are regulated by different water authorities.

Before being allowed to discharge trade waste to sewer you will need a trade waste agreement with your local authority.  This includes obtaining formal approval from that authority.

Australian metropolitan water authorities include:


  • City West Water
  • South East Water
  • Yarra Valley Water


  • Sydney Water


  • Brisbane City Council.

Gold Coast

  • Gold Coast Council

Sunshine Coast

  • Sunshine Coast Council


  • SA Water ( covers the whole state)

To find your local water authority, click here


grease trap regulations
Viking Plastics’ tanks meet the grease trap regulations of all water authorities